Re: sub box?

On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 05:13:36PM -0500, Cox, Wiley wrote:

> 	I have a homemade box with ONE dinky 8 inch sub in the back,
> which is plenty of beat.  You're gonna go deaf, dude. :)

No way. I have 2 10's, and you can always use more...

> 	Seriously, Building the box isn't that hard.  You need some good
> soild wood,

Um, no. Solid wood is weak and it warps too easily.

> although decent plywood would do it.

Ack! No! Plywood evil!

You should use MDF (medium density fiberboard) to build your box. You can
get it at most cabinet shops and some Home Depots.

> Two holes in one side,
> and enough space between them (inside and outside) to screw them to the
> board,...

Don't forget internal bracing.  2 10" subs makes for a long box, it will
need a stiffener in the center.

> > Also - Thanks to dan@angband.org  and Ryan Schuerman for putting their
> > 5.25" front speaker pages up... they were a lot of help when I was
> > performing surgery on my doors this weekend :)
> >
> > Mark
> > 84 8v

No prob... did you see the page on my sub box too?

http://angband.org/dan/box.html

Dan