Tech: Fog Lights / Mounting Fog Lights

I need to get some fog lights for my car.  The fog here in the
mornings and nights if brutal and the city seems to think that street
lights are optional on sea side streets.

I was looking at some amber rectangular lights but I wanted to get
some input from someone else before I bought some.

Q: What kind/model are good.
Q: Best place for mounting them -yes I know on the
   front of the car...
Q: Anything I should be aware of installing them?

Thanks for any help,

Lee Crawford
84 8v Scirocco - needing some additional lighting.