RE: 16V rocco "tucked in" rear wheels...

>  What camber are you running in the front?

stock

> If you give your car more neg
>camber up front it will look more tucked in, hence you wont have to bring
>the rear wheels out.

yeah, but i like the look of the front.  i don't want to run more than
-1 camber for the street anyway, it's not really necessary and it will
wear out my tires faster...

>  I have never done or heard of anyong putting a
>spacer behind the stub, but I cant see why it wouldnt work.  It would sure
>put a damper on your day if you decided to get larger wheels tho.

i'm planning (one day) on getting some 14" or 15" minilites
(panasports), nothing bigger.  i'm not into big wheels, they add too
much rotational mass and i think they look a bit funny.... but i'm not
bustin' anyone who has 'em, just personal preference.  but i'm not going
to go wider than 205, so if i do run into clearance problems they should
only be really small...

> YOu
>would need a smaller offset in the rear versus the front which would
>negate unidirectional tires.

well, i'm trying not to mess with the offset (bearing load thing....).
other wise i'd already have the spacers on behind the wheels.  i want to
stick with the stock offset.  then again, the bearing load thing is
something i pick up from when i owned my fiat X1/9.  apparently X1/9
owners like to put wide wheels on them, for obvious reasons (my first
one had 205/60 13's on it, that thing would stick the road upside
down...), but fiat wheel bearings would fail if they were stressed
unevenly.  but, i've heard the same thing about VW's.  any one put
spacers on behind the wheels?

chris
86 16V scirocco