Re: '84 GTI Donor Eng was '83 - '84 diff.

I got an  84 engine with shrouded injectors too, and attempted to hook it
up. I KNOOW there are different injector buckets and i got the air shrouded
ones, they are a lot longer, but are you sure the injectors on the 84 are
different?/? i dont think they are.  i just took a short line from right
after the throttle body and attached it to the plastic nipple (uh huh huh)
thinking there might be enough pressure difference from right at the intake
valves to the throttle body to pull air through the hose, but now i'm
thinking its not working.
the other option is to hook it up to a source between the t-body and the
airflow meter, but then you get an unregulated airflow that will raise your
idle very high probably.
	I think it was hooked into the idle stabilizer system on the GTi, but my
rocco doesn't have a vacuum idle stbilizer, mines the electronic one.
*except for the one on the back of the manifold, but that doesn't count. :)

At 06:28 PM 12/5/98 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 12/5/98 9:05:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>skerocdriver@juno.com writes:
>>

>>  > If I am to understand this, then the "shrouds" are mostly down
>> > inside the cylinder head, surrounding each injector for part of it's
>length.
>>
>>  One way to find out for sure, pull one injector out (carefully! They like
>>  to pull off the end of the injector and stay in the head.) and see if it
>>  holds 1 or 2 o-rings. You will find the typical fatty O-ring at the top
>>  of the injector, but at the bottom you will find a tiny little O-ring on
>>  this little round......uh.....shroud.
>>
>>  >Am I clueless yet or on to something?
>>  >TBerk
>>
>>  Your clueless like the rest of us but I still luv's ya!
>>
>>                Shawn Meze
>

>Phthappppp!  ( sound of a razzberry )
>
>I had pulled the fuel dist and injectors as a whole from the GTI but didn't
>use them right away. They don't have two sets of injector seals on them. I am
>on my way out to the driveway now to swap the set in to the 'roc, ( Air to
>fuel ratio had been set some time back, matching it to the engine, And
because
>the air flow meter may be bigger in the GTI unit. )
>
>Here is a question that  & I have concerning the little rubber hose coming up
>from the back of the head. It was part of the vacum/ ERG/ etc system.
>
>Does anyone know what that think is plugged into, down inside of the head? I
>diagrammed the hose paths before disassembly but am not sure how to best
graft
>the two different systems.
>
>Here is a snip from Mr. Guzzo:
>
>To:	TBerk16@aol.com
>
>Hi,
>
>As you probably already know, I just swapped a motor into my Rabbit.  I
>noticed that on the cylinder head, between the 3rd and 4th injectors,
>there's an attachment which should be connected to something.  If you know
>where it goes can you please let me know.  I think that it's a vacuum but I
>didn't hook it up.........thanks.
>
>Sal
>
>quote mode off:
>
>tia,
>TBerk
>
>--

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S JH -- turbo soon to come!
      San Diego, CA
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."