Re: side mirror replacement

> Cutting open the mirror assemblly
> is not alot of fun -and you want to avoid it.  Unless
> you like punishment or were a avid model builder as
> a child.

There is no need to cut anything.  Just pop the mirror face off as per
bently.  A flat head underneath in the teeth, and twist.   Might be
stiff, but it will go without breaking anything.   Then I think you just
have to take out a couple screws, and pull the motor out.  If you don't
have a Bently and need the pick, drop me a line, and I will send it your
way.  It is really really easy to swap.  The only thing is taking a
motor from a wrecker is 50/50 because unless the car starts, you don't
know if it works either.  HTH

--
Jody Bailey
85 Scirocco 8v