Re: 87 16v 2.0

At 10:13 PM 12/4/98 -0800, Jason wrote:
>     I'm looking at buying a rocco on tuesday. I regret selling my '82.
>I sold my piece  of sh*t rice burner, I learned my lesson. I will never
>make that mistake again. This car has some problems, but don't they all.
>It has enough modifications, (2.0, paint, wheels, etc....) to make it
>worth buying. It has a cracked exhaust manifold, it's an 87 16v, 2.0
>bottom end, ported & polished. If I don't want to spend a ton of money
>should I go with a stock manifold or will a diesel bolt up? I'm thinking
>of using a TT non-cat down pipe (off road use of course! :-)). I hear
>about headers always breaking and would rather not spend the money at
>the moment. I'm wondering if I'll lose much high end power, and if ok
>headers can be found without spending $$$$. Any advice would be greatly
>appreciated.
    The only exh. man. that will work on a 16v 'rocco is, unfortunately,
one off of a 16v 'rocco. I just went through this. Stock, used, uncracked
manifolds are very hard to find. I'd have gone with a header except, in
Oklahoma the car has to have a cat. I was able to find several headers that
would retain the o2 sensor but not the cat. I think a new, stock man. from
Virt. World is around $325(?) I found a good used one on the list. (Thanks
Dave!) Good luck.