Re: Can't get into 1st or 2nd since eng swap

My experience with this is that you have to have the linkage tight to be able to
access all the gears without having to push down on the reverse blockout. There is
a certain amount of space in between the reverse blockout and fifth... that space
has to be used for three gears (first, third, fifth). If your linkage is loose,
then that looseness eats up some of that space. If all you're getting for your
trouble is less play, then are you sure you're adjusting it the correct way? If
you can't get far enough over for first, then loosen the 13mm nut, rotate the
shaft slightly clockwise as you're facing the front of the car, and tighten...
I dunno, maybe you totally know what you're doing and you have some odd problem.
Good luck!
    -Josiah