Re: '83 VS. '84 GTI...Differences?

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:57:26 EST TBerk16@aol.com writes:

>I just took an engine out of an '84 GTI and don't recognize what the
shrouds
>look like. Anyone want to clarify? I've heard of them before, even heard
of
>them breaking- but I'm not sure how to identify them.
>
>TBerk

Identifying an air shrouded head will be easy by the single hose (and)
port right in the middle of the head, between #2 and #3 cylinders on the
same side as the intake manifold. The injectors will be different too,
for ovbious reasons.

(My guess) I dont think the air shrouds came into use until 19 and 85.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and