Re: Bad street racing edicit/ Rocco question inside .

Owen wrote:

> As much as we'd all like to think this, I'm sure the majority of accidents
> with young drivers is not the result of race driving, but careless driving
> (not necessarily racing like this).

I think that this entire incident falls into the "careless"
category. I think most people here would agree that door handle to
door handle racing is best left to the controlled environment of the
racetrack. Also, to continue to "play" with someone that has shown
total disregard for you by cutting things to close is asking for
trouble.

> Not defending anybody.

Actually, you are. You are defending all of us. I am sure that at
some point in every guys life, they have done stupid things in an
automobile. Testosterone can be a tough thing to deal with.
Hopefully we will see what was, what could have been, and try to
avoid getting sucked into these types of situations again. I think
the thing that stood out the most, was that Danny had already lost
his license at one point. I would think that this fact alone would
have tempered his desire to engage in this behavior.

I am probably not the best person to be pounding the pulpit on this
subject, but I hate to see people get hurt. It sounds to me like
they came real close to getting hurt.

Later,
	Jon
--