RE: Steering rack boots.

Hmmmm, well I replaced my driver's side rack boot on my '88 with PS without
taking the whole rack out.  There are a couple tricky parts, namely 1)
undoing the tie rod end, which might require the use of a puller, 2) getting
the metal band which holds the old boot to the rack flange, and 3) fastening
the new boot around the rack flange.  Getting at the place where the boot
fastens to is a REAL pain, but with perseverance you can eventually get the
job done.  I just used a big old tie wrap to fasten the new boot.  As for
getting it on there, it'll slide over the tie rod and all the way up to
where it needs to go - it's tight but it'll go.

I'm not sure about the passenger side, as I had the shop do that one.

-tim