RE: Pacesetter Exhaust

i do.  the one for the 16V scirocco looks awesome!  dual chrome
resonated tips, which are painted yellow on the inside, but that doesn't
last long.  the pipes and muffler are painted black.  i can't tell you
about longevity, i've only had it for 6 months.  the only problem i had
was the fit.  truthfully, it just didn't....  well, at least not right
out of the box.  the pipes did not slide in together far enough, i had
to put a hack saw to it, and the last bend (the one over the axle) was
bent too far down and the muffler tips are about 3 inches lower than
they should be.  it also took a few tries to get it from rattling
underneath the rear seat (again, over the rear axle).  the rear muffler
is supported only by the rear hook, and the two front ones don't support
any weight, again because that last bend is crooked.  it got a little
louder over the course of the first 3 months, but it has stabilized and
still sounds killer, looks awesome, and for $110 for a complete cat-back
system (!!!!!).....well, i think it's worth it.  i did notice i wee bit
of a power increase (i think, but only because before it had a 15 dollar
"turbo" pep boys muffler on it), and it does seem faster than the stock
system.  i would say it's worth it if you can't afford anything else....
it's even cheaper than midas....  this would be a killer deal if it just
fit properly.  it's not a piece of crap, but if you want a balance of
affordability and quality i'd go with the TT system, but again, that's
at least twice as much...

chris
86 16V scirocco