RE: Bad street racing edicit/ Rocco question inside .

ok dude first let me say that i have no problem doing stop light drags,
maybe a little cat and mouse, but racing on public roads is stupid and
dangerous, not necessarily because you might loose control (and you
might) but also because other people in cars will do crazy things and
people can get hurt or killed.  and seeing as how that guy tried to run
you off the road, he probably doesn't give a crap about hurting
anyone...  and 4500 in 5th?  what's that....  at least 90mph?  in the
city?  you are nuts, it's shit like this that raises insurance rates out
the roof for young male drivers.  save that crap for auto-xing.  ok ok,
i've made my point about that.  now, i used to own a fiat X1/9 with no
cat and a cherry bomb glass pack for a muffler, and people said i could
shoot flames out the tip of the exhaust when i shifted at 7000.  (isn't
that a funny sight?  0-60 in 12 seconds shooting flames!!!).  so i could
see that as completely possible since you have no cat and a tuned
engine.  you've got a bunch of unburned hydrocarbons in your exhaust and
the second they hit the air, they are so hot that they burn (explode).
now, i take it you LIKE the flames, and you want them to shoot out
farther?  who are you 007?  i suppose if you wrap farther it will keep
them hot enough to burn on exit, but you may be shortening the life of
your exhaust AND i doubt the wrap will stay if it's under the car
(water, speed bumps, oil....).  k, nuf said about the racing on public
roads and flame throwing exhaust systems....

chris
86 16V scirocco

no that's not how you spell it, and a lot of things that follow... (snip
racing story)