RE: cold air leaks in dashboard

check where the wires go through the fire wall, there are about at least
two big holes on the driver's side, and they should all have a rubber
gasket thing around them.  not only does this stop air leaks but it
keeps the wires from chaffing.  actually there are probably more than 2,
because you also have the throttle cable, the clutch cable, and the
speedo cable....

chris
86 16V scirocco