Re: How often does VW have your parts?

My VW dealer in Fort Wayne was part of a Olds/GMC dealership, and you were
lucky if they had a VW oil filter in stock, well, fortunately they sold to a
local Benz/Volvo used dealer/Tuner Vorderman Motor Werks, and they are going
great guns!  Building a new building and doing a good job of representing VW.

jim

Zach Vrooman wrote:

> So far, I have had no problems with the VW dealer we use at work
> for stuff(Countryside VW in St. Paul) New shift bushings for my GTI were
> nice and cheap. Working for an auto parts store has its advantages :) I had
> them the next day, if I remember correctly. the GTI goes in tomorrow to
> have the bushings replaced(it's getting kinda chilly up here, and I don't
> have a garage) and the 1st and 5th problem fixed. Then I can actually start
> driving the damn thing.
> Woohoo!
>
> zach
> 86 8v
> 84 8v
> 85 GTI
>
> ----------
> > From: Dan Brideau <dan@hobbyetc.com>
> > To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> > Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> > Subject: How often does VW have your parts?
> > Date: Thursday, December 03, 1998 6:59 PM
> >
> > I find that VW will often not have the parts I am looking for.
> Conversely, when they do have the parts, their price is pretty good.
> >
> > Anybody else notice this?
> >
> > Dan Brideau
> > '87 16V Scirocco
> >
> > --