Re: How often does VW have your parts?

At 07:59 PM 12/3/98 -0500, Dan Brideau wrote:
>I find that VW will often not have the parts I am looking for.
Conversely, when they do have the parts, their price is pretty good.

>Anybody else notice this?
   Rarely. The stealership here in Oklahoma makes it's customers painfully
aware they are the only remaining VW dealer in the state. Two of the four
staff in their parts dept are very good, the other two have repeatedly
proven they are unable to find their own ass with either hand. The last
item I tried to locate was a 16v downpipe/cat. Over $800! Plus, if history
serves, several weeks/months of waiting. Their best service writers and
mechanics have long since fled. VW has a long way to go to regain the
buyer's confidence here.