RE: Making my US Bumpers smaller

The 5 mph bumbers were never a safety thing.  The point was that such a
ridiculously small impact could cause expensive damage to (relatively)
unprotective bodywork.  Ralph Nader pretty much pisses me and all car
enthusiasts off because of what he caused to be done with our cars, but I
think that he really was trying to help the average automobile consumer
(Chevy buyer).