Re: mechanics

I used to try to do all teh work my self, but after owning a few beaters
and then driving them japanese things, I got burned out.   but lately
with the rocco, things seem to be a little easier to handle.   Except
once in a while when the logic of the engineering escapes me (thats when
I start ranting about over-engineering, seems like the designers never
picked up a wrench--heater core case in point), otherwise they're
marvelous little things.
In defense of many mechanics though, our cars are used, some with VERY
high milage.   I know a couple of mechanics who when people take used
cars to them to check out won't say more than, "yep, sounds good
_today_."
And then again, I once brought my my 67 chevelle into a dealer 'cause I
couldn't figure out a corb prob.   the shop manager told me most of his
guys would have to look at it to refresh their memories 'cause
everything's fuel injected these days.   Excuse me?   I'm supposed to
pay for your guy's refresher course?   I figured out the problem the
next day.