Re: mechanics

In a message dated 12/3/98 12:53:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
andreb@u.washington.edu writes:

<<   Just curious, how many of you do your own work on your Rocs?  I dont
 know about the rest of you, but I am paranoid of giving my car to anyone
 to work on it.  Please tell me I am not alone, heheh  =) >>
You're definitely NOT alone Andre!!!!!  I'm very sooooon to buy new tires for
my 15" wheels so I can finally get them back on and I'm taking them over to a
tire shop in my truck so that they can be fitted.  I don't even want some
doofus tire monkey touchin my car.  VW's are super easy to work on IMHO.  I've
rebuilt 2 engines, replaced a few trannies, swapped rear axles, motor mounts
ugh, timing belts,  completely dismantled the interior of my car, and a bunch
of other crap all with NO prior experience and, again IMHO, my car is nearly
perfect.  Every project I've undertaken has been a success.... in part thanks
to this list for such great advice!!!  The only thing that sux about being
your own mechanic is that you have to buy a LOT of tools.  I was just thinking
this morning on the can about how cool it would be to get a tire mounter & a
balancer.. heheheheh..
Dan May
8716VScirocco  95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87