Re: twisties

> Hi all.
>
> Just a quick dumb question for you. I had the day off yesterday and got
> bored and started driving around. I headed to my favorite twisty road and
> flung it around the corners. Here's my question. How exactly do you tell
> when you've lifted a back wheel? I think I managed it, but not really
sure.
> It sure felt like the side lifted. Kinda cool.
>
> zach
> 86 8v
> 84 8v
> 85 GTI

Like frank said, have someone stand at the corner, get them to video tape
or snap a pic.  When you actually see your own car doing it, you'll pee
your pants its so damn funny.  But it also depends on your suspension
setup.  WIth a stock suspension, it will lean and lift quite a lot in a
hard corner, my car used to be the running joke at our sportscar club
slaloms.  They said it looked like a dog takin a wiz at a fire hydrant
(neeles to say, at the time i was the only VW running slaloms.  I think i
used to be able to actually drive my rear tires over the cones, without
knocking them over it went so high....well enough stories, but if you are
running stiffer springs, bars... then you might not get any lift at all.
Mine no longer amuses anybody at the track since I have dropped the stock
suspension.

	It's very hard to tell when you're actually driving, sometimes i think i
can feel a slight thud as the wheel comes back down, but it could be my
imagination.

Enjoy watching your car take a leak.

Owen
87 16v