Re: Wheels vs.power, now Toyos suck

At 7:27 pm -0500 1/12/98, EurotekVW@aol.com wrote:
>tire handles in the wet. Of course there are better tires out there. I have
>yet to find another tire that offers me an adequate balance of the three req's
>I want. Price, dry/wet traction, and treadwear. If there's one, lemme
>know...I'm willing to try it next time around. Peace out.
>
>Frank

Like I said before, my vote goes to the Yoko A520.  Their wet performance
equals or excels that of the FZ (IMHO! :), and with regards to dry
performance it's no comparison.  Their price will be a bit higher and the
treadwear a little lower, but after 10,000km I can't complain about
longevity.  This is all YMMV of course.  My req's are different than yours
and probably everyone else's, but if you feel like you wouldn't mind a
little more performance when those Toyos go bald (or get stolen - I've
never corded a set of tires because they've all been stolen before I could
get a chance to), give the Yokos a shot!  HTH