Re: Power versus wheels.

Ive got 195/50s A509's and i dont have much wheelspin unless i drop the
clutch. If i floor it in first the wheels dont spin, i just hit 7k REAL
fast! I think your problem is that your car is too heavy! you should take
out the rear seat, spare tire, parcel shelf, rear carpet and the rear
bumper like me. heh :)

I have so much traction with everything off the rear end it's incredible. I
must be pulling high 6 second 0-60's.

On the tire thing, I just ordered new 195/50-15 Pirelli PZero Asymetrico's
and i'll update you guys when i get em on. The Tire Rack was completely out
of them, and Discount Tire had 9 left so i ordered them right then.
(Friday). The 195/50's were discontinued thats why they were only 76 bucks
each. I cant wait! :)

>So many of you seem to be very fond of the 195/50/15 wheel and tire size,
>but with my 195/50/15 Dunlop SP8000s I still have considerable wheelspin in
>1st gear (yes, that's just from pushing down on the gas pedal, not popping
>the clutch) even on smooth and dry pavement.  Don't get me wrong: I do like
>the SP8000 tire and the 15" rims.  They have excellent grip and great wet
>weather handling.  I just wish I had something a little more sticky to get
>the power to the road in first gear and don't especially want to go to a
>larger wheel size or lose wet weather performance.  I do live in Seattle,
>after all.
>
>-Bradley
>1986 Scirocco 16V 2.0l
>http://effervescent.com/vw/
>

>--

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S JH -- turbo soon to come!
      San Diego, CA
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."