Re: sunroof

In a message dated 12/1/98 12:45:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
n9544202@cc.wwu.edu writes:

>  Just out of curiosity.  Has anyone ever done or thought about putting in a
>  glass and/or power sunroof in place of the stock one?  If you have thought
>  about it and found it won't work I would love to know.  Also if anyone has
>  done it I would like to know all about it.
>
>  Thanks for any suggestions,
>
>  greg
>
>  16v  (off the road for a couple weeks until tranny is fixed)
>

>  --

The '78 (Mk1) I came across has a glass moonroof installed in it. It may have
been dealer installed ( kinda doubt it though ). It seems really cool so far,
I have yet to drive the car so I can't really say.

I doesn't seem like as many people are getting aftermarket sun/moon roofs
installed anymore.  It seems to have been a widespread aftermarket option but
seems to have faded.

The one I have is tinted a bit, pops open on the rear edge, doesn't slid back
into the roof.

TBerk