Silly 'roc mods

Hey guys, do any of you remember that Rabbit featured in an early
80's Road and Track, that was built on a Porsche 928 chassis?
Basically, the boys at VW/Porsche took a stock 928 frame and built a
custom Rabbit body around it.  I believe the only panels that were
"stock" were the front quarters and the doors.  Otherwise, everything
had to be made.  The car was about 4" wider than a stock Bunny, and
it obviously had these badass 928 rims in place of the usual pizza
cutters.  Oh, and a 928 Interior.  I guess the stock Bunny steering
column wouldn't do too much good. :-)

That was one mean Corvette spanker.  I'll admit that I have looked at
my '81 more than once with those sorts of impure thoughts.  "Hmmm, I
wonder if I could shoe a 911 boxer engine in the ass end of that car
..."

Cheers,
-- Michael Helms

'81 Scirocco - the fixer-upper
'86 Scirocco - the daily driver

Web Site:  http://www.continuum.org/helms

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, you
can better serve your country by living somewhere else."  - Dr.
Stompin' Tom Connors