Bright Corners (was:[Elec] How to get turn signals to flash brighter?)

>Hi guys and gals,
>I've noticed that while the frequency at which my turn signals flash is
ok,
>they are not very bright and hard to see from other cars around me,
>especially at night when the front yellows are on already anyway and
don't
>seem to flash much brighter.  What to do about this?
>
>Thanks,
>Joachim

When I owned the Civic Si (collective groan from the list), I found an
artical on the net concerning Bright corners. Apparently, these guys
wanted their corner lights (driving) to be as bright as when the blinker
is ON. Well, they usually would just turn the bulb around so the Bright
was the driving light and the DIM was the Blinker- HOW STUPID! Anyway,
this one guy didn't want to loose his blinkers and cane up with a cool
little one day project.  He wanted the corners to be bright, then just
TURN OFF and ON to blink. Some local shops said that they'd do it for
$350, but in the end, he found an adaptor at a parts store for a
trailer. If I can find the artical, Ill get the part # he specified. All
it does is makse those dual filiment trailer lights do the  BRAKE,
DRIVING LIGHT, AND BLINKER. you will only need the driving light and
blinker leads. Instead of hooking them from your lights to the trailer,
wire it from the cars leads to your blinkers. I think it'll be obvious
once you have the adapter in your hand.

It would prolly look really cool- bright corners on a Scirocco!

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen