Re: Neutral droppin'

>>>Wonderin how bad this is? Anyone else do it? C'mon you can admit
it...
>>>Apart from the rubber what else gets burned?
>>>p e a c e,
>>>Pete
>>
>>I wish I had a clue as to what it _IS_ your talking about.
>>              Shawn Meze
>I want to guess he has an automatic. Dropping the car into drive after
>revving the engine decently high in neutral. Hmm, never felt good on my
OLD
>rabbit that's for sure!
>
>TTYL!
>Paul Hanley

When I was in sunny SoCal 2 weeks ago, I went to the show known as
AUTOPALOOZA. I haad an OK time, it was pretty under-attended. I got to
see the D2 Challange and the Touring Car Club do their thing. I also saw
a 3 hour enduro. There were live bands and an import car show. I have
photos of all these if anybody wants to take a peek, Im putting together
a photo pack to send out...
ANYWAY!!! After the enduro, they set up a portable 1/8th mile dragstrip.
They invited anybody to line up and race! Quickly I ran to the Rental
car and lined up against an Eclipse GSR (or whatever the AWD model is
called). I got smoked! I was driving a 1998 Ford Escort 4 dr.
automatic.... What fun it was to line up, put it in neutral, stand on
the gas so the motor continued to bounce of the revlimiter, then, when
the lights dropped, slam it down into L. SMOKE! Hahahaha! At one point I
plead with the announcer to ask if any other rentals would race me. I
got a pickup, a stratus, a 15 pass. van, and a Century (or somtehing
like that).  When I raced the Stratus, we could hear the crowd began to
chant 'E-brake, E-Brake' so....SSCCCRREEECHHH! Hahahahahahaha! Rental
abuser is so much fun! (did you know that a 1998 ford escort's top speed
is electronically limited at 110?  Ask the poor engine- we went to Las
Vegas bouncing off the damn thing!)

The moral?   Neutral dropping your car is perfectly OK.  ;^D

The clerk at the rental place said to me as I handed in my Chariot..."do
you know that we also *SELL* these cars"  _ A simple "ur, aahh, no
thanks..." did the trick!  ;^)

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen