bad ball joints?

hey ya'll, i'm trying to figure out a little problem that has been
plaguing my car for about a week or so now.

	i get some major steering shakes whenever i drive the car (mostly
higher speeds 100km/h(60mph)+).  also, the car pulls quite hard to the
left at any time.

	this started about a week ago after i swapped trannies.  to do the job,
i disconnected the axles from the tranny, but left them connected at the
wheels, and disconnected the ball joints from whatever that spot is
called nearest the wheels.

	everything came apart and went together without any problems.  could
there have been something i missed?  i really can't see why my alignment
would be off and why my car would be shaking so much.  any ideas,
volks?  thanks a ton.

jason
the mad bastard...not dead, just lurking