Re: 1.8l 8v turbocharging

>Does anyone on this list have, or know of people putting turbos onto 8v's
>(any VW i s'pose, jetta, golf, etc.), do you need to lower compression or
>get any new engine parts?

Yip, you will need to lower your compression.

>How much boost can you safely use without having
>to replace anything? How much horsepower/torque can you get, what kind of
>effect on fuel econ, reliability...etc. I might need some more juice (or a
>VR6)if I'm going to change my license plate to "VTEC ETR", heheh...

Geez, aren't we full of q's today?!?!? How soon are you honestly thinking
of doing this? I would imagine you will need all new mounts. You know, the
kind that rattle your interior apart when idling?!?!?

>Alex Tomic - Monkey #37 -   "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?"

Geez, just when I thought everyone forgot about Megadeath.

Regards,
Paul Hanley
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."