No Subject

us may not know, however, that the oil pressure shoots that high due to
limitations of some of the gauges.

>Also, I run around 13 volts on the voltmeter - in the daytime.  At night with
>my euro lights on, it sits right at exactly 12 volts - which seems too low.
>Running the AC and the lights will pull it below that point.  The battery is
>nearly new.  Do I have a charging problem?  The lights are on relays, but
>still
>look kinda dim to me.  Though they are wired up with the city lights
coming on
>along with the headlights (huh?) which may give them a low-brightness look..
>..opinions on this sitch?

Pshhh.  I have a brand new (rebuilt) alternator and a new battery in my
'Rocco.  (I'm reasonably sure this alternator is pretty good b/c I took it
by a shop different from the one I bought it at, and the SECOND one I put
in checked out fine.)  I only get 13.3 - 13.4 volts out of the alternator.
That's checking it with a multitester (VOM) directly off the hot post on
the back of the unit, too.  I don't know how VW designed these things, but
they ought to be *at least* 13.8 volts.  Not even close!  I just checked my
ex's Mazda this past week, and it puts out over 14.3 volts!  Must be nice.

Dan
'86 8v red martian

  mailto:nowlan@flash.net
  http://www.flash.net/~nowlan/