Re: gauges & panels -- found some!

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Daniel A. Nowlan wrote:

> However, I still don't have the oil pressure gauge I want.  Anyone have an
> extra oil pressure (preferably in psi) or even a water temp gauge (ƒF).

Oil pressure gauges in psi were never installed in 80s VWs AFAIK. Almost
all of them were 5-bar VDO gauges, and those are not the best you can
get, because when the engine is cold the reading is about 8-bar, so you
can't quite see that. If you are picky and you do want to see the full
range of your pressure, either buy the higher psi VDO gauge (new), or, if
you are extremely lucky, like I was, you find a 80-on Cabriolet in a
junkyard: some Cabriolets had 10-bar VDO gauges (and the proper sender).

Ilias