Funny Tach Movement (whatsit mean?)

Hey All... I have a question.  The other day on my way down to NC I got
stuck in hellacious traffic.  A few times I was stopped for a few min at
a time and shut my engine off to let it cool (at times it got up to 120
Cels)  and If I put the car in the ON position (w/o turning it over) the
tach would go from 0-8 and sort of bounce back.  (engine not on).

What does this mean?  Did it have to do w/ my engine hot?

Thanks in advance

Pete

--

Peter "Cerksies" Walsh