Re: Synchro Scirocco

>> The exhaust came straight off the manifold, through the firewall,
>> through where the passenger's seat would be if there was one, and out
>> the back, through the rear hatch, with exhaust diameter of probably
4"
>> all the way back.
>
>FOUR INCH EXHAUST?!?!  Good God!  Why even bother.  That's HUGE.
>Everyone reading this take a second and put thumb to thumb, forefinger
>to forefinger and take a look at how fuckin big that is.  I think I'll
>convert my Rocco to 4" pipes.  (I will, however, run them under the
car,
>not through it.)  That's 52% more pipe over what we've got now and no
>cat or muffler.  Sounds like a winner.
>
>>     Basically, it requires refabrication of the whole car. This one
>> was just Scirocco sheetmetal. Everything else was made from scratch.
>
>Speaking of sheet metal, anyone got a good hood in the area?  (I'm in
>Texas.)  I need one, preferably Martian Red.  I'd take a left fender
and
>door, too, if you had extras.
>
>Dan
>'86 8v red martian

uuuhh, I'd discourage a 4" exhaust pipe... Contrary to popular belief,
you do need a certain amount of backpressure to scavenge the exhaust
correctly. I'm not real sure of the sizes for a 16v, but I think a 1.8
8v likes a 2" or 2.25" exhaust unless its REALLY tuned, then you could
go to 2.5" or maybe larger...

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen