Re: AWD VW's

>Someone, anyone, everyone, please tell me which VW models have the
Synchro
>system

I'll give it a shot.... There was a beetle in the late 30's /early 40's
that was called 'kommandurwagen' that was 4wd, there was the
'kubelwagen', 'schwimmerwagen', Vanagon synchro, Quantum Synchro, Passat
synchro (non-us), corrado synchro (non-us?), Golf Rallye (non-us), and a
bunch of various race cars.  That can't be the entire list...I must have
missed a polo or something somewhere...

>and also I was under the impression that the new VW's (4th
>Generation Golf and Jetta and Beetle) were on a new "A4" platform and
not
>the A3.  Please, give me the scoop.

The a-3 chassis is the current line up of golf/jetta. The a-4 chassis is
the NB/golf/jetta IV models- not to be confused with the AUDI A4, which
is on the B-5 chassis, like the current Passat.

>John
>80 Scirocco S (1.8JH - don't ask at this point)
>85 GTI

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen