Re: Coilovers....??

>Hey there it's me..the kid with the Rabbit..well my good mechanic told
me to
>get coilovers...Made by the brand Carrera...First of all..what do coil
overs
>do???ANd what are they???I do like the way it looks with like 15"
wheels on my
>car actually fitting under the wheel wells...plus...the are adjustable
>right???Anyways Shoulod I get some???What kind and how much???
>Thanx,
>Greyson
>76 Rabbit

I.Mannix and myself have been talking about his setup, because I'm
planning to run them also. The company I want to buy from is called
Ground Control. The kit requires you to modify your strut housing and
your rear shocks to accept a smaller 2" (2.5"?) spring. There is a
threaded section with a collar on it that can go up or down. The setup
for an A-1 suspension is like $399 for all 4 corners. This is not for
the shocks, housings or upper mounts/bearings! The only reason I can
think ANYONE would run these is for racing or if you wanted to LIFT yer
ride. (MONSTER RABBIT! You could run 33" tires- BOSS!) If you're looking
for your car to be a little lower, it prolly be a better idea to pick up
some drop springs- your wallet will thank you!

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen