Killed a HONDA (was Re: honda killer)

The other day,  my friend w/ a G60 and I were coming home from our latest AutoX
and what did we happen to see?  A dropped Honduhhhhh Accord (late 80's w/ flip
up headlights.  I think it was an LXi, there fastest one ? :-)  W/ Chrome (I
think 3 star) wheels and a towel drying wing.  My friend in the G60 was passing
him rather slowly in the right lane and then when there was enough distance
between G60 and him, I punched it (in 3rd grear., just came from stoplight).
We were doing about 45-60 when I decided to pass him.  I passed him jut before
I had to shift into 4th gear.  Around 5700-6200 RPMs (he musta been like "Damn,
that sounds Schweet!".  He then floored it and was not cathcing up.  However,
by this time he was infront of the G60 because he didnt floor it at first, but
the honda did.  at around 90 I backed off a little to let the Honda pass (ack..
sholdnt have done this).  Then the G60 had it completly floored and right on
the hondas rear (about 1 carlength)  So, I floored it in 5th grear (doing about
85 now) and was pulling up on the honda SOOOOOOOOOOO easily.  My friend was
behind the honda doing 110 'cause it didnt go any faster!!!!!!!!!!  I was
Pulling on it hard before I decided It might be a good idea to let off.  So
when I passed him the final time (about normal speed) and waved and he waved
back.

Just to show, hondas are still slow! Top end too, not just off the line!

Pete

sead causevic wrote:

> i've only had my first vw for a week and there hasn't been any hondas
> that can catch me off the line.  damn i love this car...
> sead
> 86 8v

Peter "Cerksies" Walsh
Cerksies@nbn.net