Re: Compatibility b/w 16v and 8v MKII parts,and others

At 01:18 PM 8/25/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Are body panels b/w the two cars compatible, i.e. can I take the left front
fender off of a 16v and slap it on my '84 8v?

>Is the 16v the same car as the 8v but with a beefier suspension, engine,
transmission and brakes or does is there more to it than that?
>Are the bodies the same?

        you know....its a small world out there...really! I have an 84 8v,
and I have
        a 16v left front fender, and was wondering the exact same thing! Im
still
        waiting for it to catch up to me...I just moved to hawaii from
california and the
        fender is with all my stuff in transit here.

        Oh yeah....by the way, I joined this list last week to get more info
on my impending project. This 84  I have was my wifes daily driver, and it
sat for 3 years
and was almost dead. Anyway....new  batt. some oil and about 15 minutes of
cranking away, she started right up. Im planning on  a 16 v transplant so it
didnt matter.

On the subject of police cars.....here in hawaii the cops drive what ever
they want.
Almost. Z-28's, explorers, etc. bought right off dealer lots and they throw
a blue bubble on the roof. Takes time to get used to looking for it in the
rearview mirror.
The other day, I saw one of those new camaros with the ram-air hood...dont know
my american cars too well.....spooky!

Thought I would introduce my self!!!

Thanks!
Chad

98 golf gl(wifes car)
84 scirocco(project #2)
65 type 3 notchback(current project)
87 jetta gl(project # 3...waiting....lurking..)