Re: "Karmann Giugiaro"(was "A NEW Canuck Scirocco Owner...)

Doug wrote:

> All Sciroccos were made at the Karmann factory in Osnabruck Germany.
> Karmann had a hand in the design but Karmann is not a designer. Karmann
> worked with designers to develope cars for them to build. Giugiaro designed
> the first (MK1) Scirocco and Herbert Schafer's new VW design studio
> designed the mk2.

And for those who didn't know, Giugiaro designed what was SUPPOSED to be the
mk2, but VW rejected the design.. and it became the dreaded Isuzu Impulse!!
At least that's how the legend goes.. somebody correct me if this ain't true!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA