Re: A1 Urethane Upper strut bearings our of production???

>Yesterday a racer friend of mine who wants to go to Solo2 nationals
>offered me BIG, and I mean HUGE fucking $$$ for my barely used, on
>my car urethane upper strut bearings.   I can't recall who made them
>now, autotech? Neuspeed?  Vw motorsport?   I've had them a while,
>but just got around to mounting them.
>
>He claimed that they are no longer made for the A1's, and aren't
>available anywhere, anymore.
>
>These are the ones with the brass-looking metal tops and bottoms,
>mine have white urethane inserts.
>
>Is this true?  Are these gone, or is he lost as usual...
>
>Comments?
>
>Ed

Hmmm.... I havn't heard anything about them being nixed....
I was gonna get them. :^(  How harsh are they? I was talking to the guys
from Ground Control over the weekend and I was impressed by their
product, but I don't wanna run their solid upper mounts (I don't think
their legal for Street Prep anyway).
It's a little off the subject, but what rate springs are people running
with these? What upper mounts? What shocks? I have been TRYING to do my
GLI the right way the first time, but that never works...  ;^)
Thanks!

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen