Re: Driving cars hard (high rpm's)

At 12:48 PM 8/25/98 -0400, Mark A Peele wrote:
>Yes, but is it not true that most engine wear occurs immediately after
>starting and during the critical warmup phase?

Yeah, that's very true.  In my post, I was talking about situations that
are very stressful on the engine (and could therefore cause (catastrophic)
part failures.  The wear that occurs during and after cold starts (which,
as I have mentioned before, is equivalent to the wear of 500 highway miles)
causes gradual degredation of parts- which then contributes to things like
oil consumption due to bad rings, etc...

			Jason
			(Seemingly the talkative one today, no?) :)