Re: Lots of GTi questions today - Sorry

At 07:11 PM 8/24/98 -0400, Chris Cuzner wrote:
>A week ago i asked if there were any A2 GTi lists.  I'm sure there's gotta
>be.  I know some of you guys own GTi's, anyone on a list?
>
>Chris Cuzner (cuznerc@gilmore.ca)

I have an 84 GTI, I'm on this list and the H2OVW list(don't ask how to
subscribe, I have NO idea.....:).  This list is far more productive.  The
only difference between your GTI and a Scirocco is the 10:1 engine and
knocksensor stuff - other than that, they're pretty darned closely related.
 What differences are there are minor; the basic car is the same.  The
front subframe dealie on the A2 is a bit annoying, IMHO, but most of the
stupid problems that the Scirocco has translate directly to your new GTI.
Do you know about the newsgroup?  That's a good source of information, too
- - rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled.  Bunch of idiots in there, but a lot of
intelligent people, too.  Fairly diverse in terms of what they like to do -
some are hotrodders, some complain about VWoA, some whine about gas
mileage, many live under bridges, but if you have a problem, SOMEONE there
has seen it!  Good luck!

I.Mannix