A New Canuck Scirocco Owner...

scirocco.org rules!  except for that i get about 70 emails every day in
my mailbox!!
I recently purchased an 86 rocco karmann edition (1.8l 8v).  it has a
brand new black paintjob and a zender front spoiler(looks damn good!)  i
could tell that something has been done to the suspension as the ride is
sort of stiff and rough.(homemade)  my problem is that when turning to
the right, it seems that the lf shock or something bottoms out as it
really slams if the road is bumpy...  doesn't do it on the other side.
i don't know what it is, but i am willing to play with any non -
expensive soluion.
also, what are the effects of removing the catalytic converter? and the
muffler?  wyatt-the-rabbit-man says to run a diesel resonator instead of
the cat and than get a monza tip at the end????
my second day owning the car i went past a cop with my hi-beams on and
got pulled over for it. (what a loser)  my hi-beam indicator doesn't
work and i have to fix it and than bring it into the police for
inspection.  any effective solutions?
i would appreciate any replies and i will always be interested in any
inexpensive mod advice anyone has for me.  tia
sead