Re: Switch to synthetic at 160k?

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998 02:01:26 -0400 atomic7@home.com writes:
>As i've mentioned before, i've found myself a nice 84 scirocco with an
>incredible 1.8JH engine (160psi) that has 160k mi on it... what i'm
>wondering is, since the engine is in such good shape, should I consider
>running synthetic in it? Is it possible the previous owner did run
>synthetic (which would explain how good shape the engine is in) , and
>how would I go about finding out if it really is synthetic oil in there.

Well, if the engine bay looks really clean with no evidence of current
engine oil leaks, I might consider the change. Worst case scenerio is you
leak oil all over your clutch. If the engine is in such good shape, that
might indicate that its been rebuilt recently? if so, I think it would be
safe the make the change.
GL!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and