squirmy suspension

Been meaning to post this for a while and finally getting around tuit...

The suspension on my '86.5 16V is, well, squirmy.  You know that squirm you
feel when driving over a metal grille bridge on a motorcycle??  Kinda feels
like that.

History: I bought the car a couple of months ago with 98k miles on it, with
Bilsteins of unknown age and some strange springs that the previous owner
warned me to ditch pronto, which I did.  I had new H&R's installed by
VW Specialties.  Ron Wood proclaimed the Bilsteins to be "fine".  Also had
an alignment done and 2 bent rims fixed.  So, all should be well, right?
It's much better, but it squirms - particularly noticeable on on- and
offramps.
I'm pretty certain it's not the tires, I have decent P700Z's with about 50%
left on them.  Tire pressure is fine.  It's nothing I can put a finger on.

Ideas?  Suspension parts of some kind??  I'm systematically making this car
100% right and I'd like to get this fixed before moving on to the next part
of the project (interior & shift linkage bushings).

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA