Re: baffled oil pans?

Speaking of baffled oil pans, has anyone on the list fabricated their
own?  I was at my mechanic's place the other day, I noticed a homemade
baffled oil pan sitting in the corner.  It was a stock VW oil pan, with a
few pieces of metal and some hinges (just plain door hinges) welded in
place.  Looks like a pretty easy and cheap mod.  I am reluctant to spend
$80 on one.  I am pretty sure it can be brazed (brass rods and a torch)
also, I might have a hard time finding a cheap welder.  Just curious....

Denis
1987 GTI 16v