bought a MK1 'Rocco for racing

!Autocross!
Ian and I bought a 1981 MK1 that is in good condition today.
The body has no rust and no dents. The transmission is good
and the breaks are new. So the next step is to get it on the
race coarse. What should we do first to make this a class
champ. The car is stock now. I am thinking we should put
the lower sway and stress bars on. We are going to need
tires and wheels too. The stock ones are fine for getting to
the race but I would not want to run them on the race track.

Thanks for your help

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 red MK1 Scirocco <<<<<<<<<<<----------- Today