Scirocco GTII - (mainly UK interest only)

Hi,
I'm currently considering a 1989/90 Scirocco GTII, just wondered if anyone can
give me some pointers as to whats so special about the car, anything to look
out for etc.  This probably only applies to any UK listers out there, but I'd
appreciate any advice.  I'm due to go look at a red GTII tomorrow (Saturday),
81K miles, above average condition (so it says!), so if this all comes
together, I'll have my own car for sale, 1989 1.8 GT (check out the webpage
for pics).
TIA,
Jamie
http://members.aol.com/egj123