Re: Roc turns 190,000 miles!

At 09:10 PM 8/20/98 EDT, you wrote:

>With all the bad posts going on all the time, I thought a "good happy
>post" was in order.
>
>It happened on my way to work this morning. 190,000 miles rolled over on
>the ODO. Its not a huge milestone or anything, but its still a good thing
>considering the cars age (16 yrs) and how its driven (REALLY HARD almost
>ALL the time). Im very pleased with it. I think its time to put a new
>part on it or something! :)

Just as a side note (don't want to smash you or anything Shawn), My '87
Jetta GL Diesel jus' turned over 460 000Kms a few days ago ;) .. The shocks
are gone, 2 door handles ripped off, the clutch release bearing is going,
the rev. lights don't work, the cluster lights don't work, the front end is
being held together with twist ties and duct tape, the tie rods ends are
gone, i think i jumped a tooth on the rack (though i've been told this is
impossible, the steering wheel  is about 15 degrees off center, after i hit
a stop sign {long story}), etc... (and there's TONS more ;)..

But the engine's still going strong! .. Not even close to dead yet.. hehe..
Not even close to safe either.. Oh, did i meantion i've tied off the back
breaks?

Not bad for a car i paid $1900 3 yrs and 250 000+kms ago ;), haven't put a
dime in it since ('cept for tires).

Chris Cuzner (cuznerc@gilmore.ca)
File Management (Data Center)
Gilmore Global Logistic Services