5th Gear Conversion

     I have had my '86 16v for about two months now (my first rocco..),
so I am fairly new to Scirocco's.  I just recently joined this list...you
guys
sure do have some good tips (and interesting conversations...).  Well, I
already love my car!  I do quite a bit of highway driving and have noticed
how high the RPMs are.  I have heard of (and seen) a kit from Neuspeed,
and even New Dimensions, for a 5th gear conversion to either a 0.75 or
0.80 ratio.  They say this will allow better gas mileage, a quieter ride...
     Has anyone done this conversion?  Is it worth it?  If I do decide to go
with it, does it matter if I get the 0.80 or the 0.75 ratio?  I really don't
know the difference between the two ratios.
    Thanks for the help.

Benjamin Harder
'86 Scirocco 16v