Re: Mk2 Golf Big Bumpers On A Mk2 'Rocco??????

Ewan Marshall - Frans Maas Linlithgow wrote:

> Content-MD5: qUmSKiCGHye3xgz2WA8aiQ==
> Sender: owner-scirocco-L@scirocco.org
>
> Could anyone tell me if they have ever heard of the following conversions
> on a Mk2 'Rocco (RHD):
>
> o Corrado front lights.

Ryan Schuermann (sp?) did it.  He stated that the hardest part was the fact that
they stuck out at first, and he had to do some work to move them back under the
hood.

> o Mk2 Golf Big Bumpers (front and rear).

The yellow VR6 Scirocco at Waterfest had it on the front.  You should have an easy
time finding pics of that.

Yes the front lower stressbar is vital to all A1 cars' performance and service
life.  If you don't have one, get one!  Then the upper front to join the shock
towers.  A rear one can be easily fabricated from a square steel tube and 2
muffler clamps which clamp to the rear shock bushings.  For the best in rigidity,
a full roll cage would be best, short of a full tube frame.  However, you begin to
diminish your power to weight ratio with the cage.

Jim

> While I'm here,I'm fitting 3 swaybars (Front - top & bottom and top rear)to
> my 89 Scala in the very near future.Rocco's to me,do bend and twist alot,
> one example being when you jack the car up,the door is either hard to open
> or wont open at all,so you can imagine whats happening when you're driving,
> espcially on pretty Scottish single track twisty potholed roads!!
> I let everyone know how I get on when I get them fitted.I'm measuring
> everything this weekend,so hopefully I'll have everything made within a couple
> of weeks.
>
>                  Ewen Marshall
>                  '89 Blue Scala 'Rocco
>                  "Built in Germany...(VW)...Made In Scotland."
>
>                  Email:  ewan.marshall@UK.sun.com

Need Wheels?  Visit my site at Bahnburners!

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5211/index.html