Muffler

I know this question will cause may different opinions so here we go.
My recent purchase has the perfect original exhaust, but the muffler is
questionable because it has been sitting so long.  My problem is, do I just
get a preformance muffler and connect it to the original exhaust or do I
go for the cat back exhaust?  I am leaning towards the Autotect right
now.  Any comments????