Re: Amp installation location

I installed my sub amp in the position you are considering. I cut a piece of
plywood to the shape of the recessed area behind the wheel well. I then used
3M spray adhesive to cover the wood in carpet (somthing like the carpet used
on speaker boxes). I then mounted my amp and cross-over on the board and used
my stapple gun to pin the wires down in an atractive orderly way (you could
drill holes and run the wires on the back side of the board). Finally I used 3
screws to mount the board to the car, and I must say it looked good. BTW: try
to get some of those chromed screws with the finish washers attached to them,
they make a big differance in the quality of the finished product.
HTH-Nate